Sembcorp - What could I have done better?

I cut loss on my wife's SRS position in Sembcorp on Wednesday when the $3.80 support gave way.

It is always good to do a recap on my investments to see what went right and what went wrong.

Let's do it on the pictorial view. Easier for everyone.


I bought the position in March with a stipulated cut loss around ~$4 thereabouts. The post is here.

A few mistakes made that i can usually avoid for trading but can't seemed to be able to avoid it for a longer term holding position.
  1. Letting a profit of 9% turned into a loss. In trading - i would be moving my stops up pretty closely and it will take me out automatically.
  2. I never cut loss when it broke $4. Again, violating my own stipulated principles ^_^
  3. Finally did it at when $3.80 gives way realizing a loss of around ~15%
Anyway this is my style of investing. I will gladly admit my mistakes and moved on. Let me see how i can further improved on my SRS investments.

The drop in oil continued to have an adverse impact on sentiments and fundamentals on O&G stocks.


Waiting for the crash to come?

Image result for waiting for durians to drop

On a related note - I injected $12,750 into my own SRS account in July. I am done with the SRS contribution for this year.

Many stocks on SGX are on a cheap sale now and on a strong downtrend. The cash of ~$115k will come in useful when the crash comes. 

Happy SRSing

Comments

Popular Posts