SRS Portfolio Weekly Update (where time permits or where important news released).

Lets do a quick recap of the various positions i have in my SRS portfolio. Adhoc weekly update but it forces me a discipline to look at my portfolio. I will present the weekly charts as well as any news that was released during the week. The main reason why i did this post was because SPH released its full year earnings yesterday.

Cache Logistics


Nice run up and the yields has compressed to about 6.1%. I am wary of the yield bubble but will try to ride this as long as i can. No news released this week. My entry price is around 96 and i had it for quite a while now.

Far East Hospitality Trust


A dark red candle after hitting a record 1.08 last week. This is a bearish engulfing candle. So probably will go sideway with downside bias. Guess the euphoria post the research reports and F1 stuff is over. 
No major news released this week. Likely to move towards the 100 support. My initial entry post is here at around 98.5 cents.

Nera Tel


Have run up strongly since my initial entry at 41 cents. My entry post is here. The Company announced that it will release it Q3 earnings after trading hours on 18 Oct 2012. The Company also announced the appointment of Mr. Eric Thorsen as the new director who is representing Eltek ASA. The new board composition as follows:

Don't think there is any alarm bells set off by the resignation of Mr. Jorgen Larsen, as he was the representation from Eltek Asa and he has left the Company. The long term chart continues to look good and my gut feel is that the Company will continue to have a strong showing for Q3.

Perennial CRT


The Company continue to meander sideways. My entry post at 50c is here. No major news released this week. I think this company will take a while before it realise its potential where the projects' TOP become clearer.

QAF


The weekly chart looks impressive and bullish! My entry post of 70.5c is here. During the week, CIMB released a research report.  The Company announced that its Business Director has resigned. 

He is the son of the Chairman and the reason cited was to "pursue other business interest".... hmmm...

SPH


The Company released its full year results this week. There will be a final dividend of 17 cents per share and will pay the dividend on 21 Dec 12, just in time for your Christmas shopping. I have held this stock for a while now and bought around $3.72. It has been moving in tight range as it is a stable business. Including the interim dividend of 7 cents, the full year dividend will be around 24 cents. At my entry price, the yield will be 6.45%. At current price, the implied yield is about 5.9%. Still pretty decent in today's context.

The results presentation slides is here.


Not exactly a fantastic set of results with a 35% drop in investment income but a stable recurring income....zzzz... it is one of those boring stocks but the Company is trying to diversify into property and hopefully the rental income will continue to increase to 'spread' the risk. The EPS is $0.23 and that represents a PER of 17.7x. It is not çheap at all so i am unlikely to add to my 1 lot position.

Starhill Global


I have held this stock for a long time and my entry price was about $0.58. The yields has also compressed to around 5.2% but it is still trading below its NAV. I will continue to watch this stock closely as it falls under the "yield" bubble category. No major news released this week.

Suntec REIT


This is one of my worst performing stock primarily because i bought a fair bit at the top. My entry price was $1.51 and i have held this for a while now. I guess the only comfort was that the dividends received has helped to lower the cost over the year but i was lucky because the price recovered due to the hunt for yield stocks. The unit is trading at around 6.5% and is still trading at a discount to its NAV. Chart wise, it is hitting resistance zone and 1.60-1.65 area will be a tough zone to clear. This stock also illustrate one weakness, why didn't i pick up some during the 110-115 zones? Is it because i didn't dare to do so or is it because i haven't been monitoring my portfolio closely like what i am doing now? Let me ponder this for a while more. haha

UMS


One of my rare Tech purchases. The entry is at 40c and the post is here. It has just gone X-D this week and i will receive an interim 1 cents per share by end of this month. :) Excellent. 

Heartache Hutchinson Port?

I missed out on Hutchinson Port at 90c. I had been contemplating it since my last post here and was sharing it with some of my "ninja gang" to consider it. hahaha. Took too long to make a decision and probably part of it was driven by my bad experience during its IPO where i lost a 5 digit sum. Read that post here. The chart below is the Sing Dollar counter and the stock started to run when a few research houses started to issue buy recommendations on this counter in October. Anyway i am not one who dwell on the past so this posting was just to share my mindset. Prior experiences will affect our decisions making process and this is how we accumulate experience over time...be it good or bad experiences. haha :-P

 

This post took me more than one hour! It is no joke...so i better not add too many counters into my portfolio before it become unmanageable! 

Leave some comments or like my facebook page if you want to ask further questions. Happy Weekend. :)

Comments

Popular Posts