SRS portfolio at 31 July 2012

Received my July statement yesterday. 

Not much difference from my previous update except that i realised the last traded prices captured by the personal finance software from Yahoo websites may not be exactly the same as that capture by the statement, probably due to some timing or rounding differences. Anyway, attach the actual statement and made the changes to my entries in the database.

July seemed to be a pretty slow month with only a pathetic $1.83 interest received and the divestment of China Fishery at a loss. I have not been utilizing the cash balance adequately and it is still sitting at $49k. However, I made two transactions in August which is the purchase of QAF and Nera Tel, which hopefully, will add to my passive income in the SRS portfolio.

There should be more activities in August as some of my portfolio companies went "XD", which means ex-dividends.

Starhub released its 2Q results on 7 Aug. Many analysts have a 'take profit' call on Starhub. I attach a few for your reference.


In any case, I don't know what other stocks i can reinvest in if i sell Starhub. It has been giving me very good dividends in the past. I will continue to hold on to the stock since this is a 'passive income' portfolio.

Going forward, I will continue to add quality REITs and blue chip companies to my portfolio if there are any market weakness.

Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts